Join a small, fast-moving team building awesome automation software for Drones in Ag
Drone Ag is an award winning SaaS agri-tech innovator. It was founded by Jack Wrangham in 2015 and raised £800k to date. Our product Skippy Scout is an iOS application that automates the flight of drones to scout crops to capture data that can be analysed by AI to provide quick, accurate and detailed feedback on the health of the field and crop. This saves the farmer time and helps them to be more productive. The overall ambition is to foster more productive and sustainable farming through practical drone automation and AI software.
- Location: Remote (with travel to UK Offices)
- Title: Software Engineer (Android/Kotlin)
- Salary: 40k + share options, negotiable depending on experience
- Working hours: Flexible, 40 hours a week
We are looking for an Android developer to support in the development of our Skippy Scout application. The focus will be on development of new features and functionalities, improving resilience and ensuring the software works well on all devices including tablets. You will be working with other engineers along with our CTO, the CEO and the onsite team.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality software
- Ability to work with non-technical stakeholders and present various implementation options along with the advantages and disadvantages to each
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Fluent in English language
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
Essential skills and experience
- Commercial experience of writing Android applications with Kotlin and Java.
- Experience working with REST APIs, pulling and pushing data in a failure resistant manner, considering different levels of connectivity
- Experience with designing functionality and working through edge cases etc before coding.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience of building automated testing for Android apps (unit, SAT, e2e)
- UX Experience
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience creating user centric applications i.e. detail oriented, good understanding of user persona
- Experience creating applications for scale
- Experience working in a startup/small company environment