Join a small, fast-moving team building awesome automation software for Drones in Ag
Drone Ag is an award winning SaaS agri-tech innovator. It was founded by Jack Wrangham in 2015 and raised £600k to date. The main product Skippy Scout is an iOS application that automates the flight of drones to scout crops to capture data that can be analysed by AI to provide quick, accurate and detailed feedback on the health of the field and crop. This saves the farmer time and helps them to be more productive. The overall ambition is to foster more productive and sustainable farming through practical drone automation and AI software.
- Location: Northumberland based or Remote (UK only with frequent travel to Northumberland)
- Title: Software Engineer (SWIFT/iOS)
- Salary: Competitive + share options
- Industry: Farming
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level
- iOS, Swift, REST APIs, E2E, Unit, IoT
We are looking for a Swift developer to support in the development of our Skippy Scout iOS app.
Your primary focus will be the development of new features and functionalities, such as, improving drone flight, building in image analysis and integrating with our back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers along with our part-time CTO, the founder and the onsite team.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality software
- Ability to work with non-technical stakeholders and present various implementation options
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
Essential skills and experience
- Commercial experience of writing iOS applications with Swift and Objective-C
- Considerable experience of the entire iOS SDLC
- Experience working with REST APIs, pulling and pushing data in a failure resistant manner, considering different levels of connectivity
- Experience designing functionality and working through edge cases etc before coding.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience of building automated testing for iOS apps (unit, SAT, e2e)
- Experience finding and implementing 3rd party libraries
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with Android ports
- Experience of the DJI SDK
- Experience with arable farming, drones or applications containing flight
- Experience working with IOT devices
- Experience creating user centric applications i.e. detail oriented, good understanding of user
- Experience creating applications for scale
- Experience working in a startup/small company environment